Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Birthday Card for Sawyer


Hi out there!  I made this birthday card for my goddaughter Sawyer.  It was her 9th birthday the other day.  I chose real girly colors for her.  I LOVE the Bella Stamps; so I inked up Billboardabella in adirondack espresso and stamped her onto PTI white cardstock. THen I colored her with  my new Ciao Copics markers.  Next I picked the paper colors that I wanted to use: I went with Stampin Up perfect plum, pale plum and the Designer Paper prints pack from SU.  I like the double sided dp paper and I wanted to make sure that both sides of the paper showed in the card.  I used the scor-pal to crease the paper over with a crisp look. I used the merci stamp set to stamp the image in the background with my versa mark pad.  I also stamped the flower from the  friendship blooms set and added a bauble.  

Sawyer did  not believe that I made the card ( I guess that's a compliment from a 9 year old), it took some convincing.  I offered to have a card making demonstration and project session with her Brownie Troop- she was excited about that!  The teacher in me would love to share the joy of stamping with them.

No comments: